Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sweet, sweet baby...

I was so excited to have another birth booked in for the beginning of November.
Preparing myself for 'the' call at any time of the day or night!

But Laura simply wasn't well enough to continue on with the pregnancy.
So at 34 weeks sweet, tiny, little Lily was born.
Into an unknown world.
Where the likelihood of her getting whisked straight to the humidicrib was high.

But Lily had other plans!
She was healthy enough to sneak in 10 minutes of cuddles with Dad, and then she was put into the humidicrib just to monitor her.

So I stayed until Grandma and Grandad got to see Lily for the first time.
Then the next day I went back to capture some mummy cuddles:-)

Three weeks later, Lily had put on enough weight and was allowed to go home :-)  So yesterday I visited them at home for one last lot of photos!




Lily's Birth Story from Bellakee J Photography on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Anna said...

How precious! Very touching moments captured. I hope Lily and Laura are both doing great. :)

Unknown said...

Great visual narrative. All the little detail shots bring it together. Sweet.