Friday, July 8, 2011

Closer to Home | Deja

This is just a quick entry... so there's not too long between posts!  I rarely have time to shoot just random things these days (or even my own kids!) - as I seem to be keeping busy with all my clients.  Which I love.  But I thought I'd share this one shot of our new(ish) puppy - Deja!  

At the end of last year we had to put down our beautiful Golden Retriever, Paris...as she had a brain tumour and was having, ever more frequent, seizures.  It was a difficult decision to make.  In fact, I sent my husband to make it.  Because I was scared. Sad. And nervous.  Nervous about being responsible for  the decision.  Even though we knew it was for the best.  For Paris.  For the kids.

So, after much looking around, we found a new Golden Retriever puppy - and a family consensus agreed on a name.  Deja.  As in deja vu - of Paris!!  

Perhaps that family decision was slightly different to the one about getting a new cat.  Where I told my husband we'd had a vote while he was away on what to name the cat.  He asked if we could vote on actually getting the cat.  I told him I'd made an executive decision.  Sometimes being CEO of the house pays off!!!

Anyway...here is a photo of Deja - who has been a mixture of a delight and a right royal pain.  And a great new friend to our chocolate lab, Mocha.