Wednesday, July 6, 2011

When Two Become One | Hayden & Nicole

Well I'm going to finally start posting...and thought what better place to start than with my first wedding :-)

I feel a huge privilege that Nicole entrusted me as her wedding photographer. I was studying Primary Teaching at uni last year where I met Chloe, Nicole's younger sister. Chloe told Nicole about my photography and after a few chats (including me constantly reminding Nicole that I had never shot a wedding!), they booked me! I then met Nicole and her fiancee, Hayden, for a beautiful engagement shoot...where I learnt that they put their whole faith in my photography. And that they were game for anything I suggested!! 

So in April this year, with the help of my wonderful photographer friend, Leah Cruikshank, we shot a simply stunning bride and her very much in love groom! Their attendants were Nicole's 4 sisters and her sister-in-law to be as the bridesmaids, and Hayden's 5 mates as groomsmen. One thing I have learnt is that I end up being just as emotional as everyone there, as I get caught up in the tears of happiness that are shed! Her beautiful mum gave her away with a tear in her eye, and her older sisters were overwhelmed with their little sister getting married :-) 

We were lucky enough to have A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. weather...considering it had rained every day prior and started again just after they entered the reception! 

So thank you Hayden and Nicole for allowing me to share this day with you:-)



































1 comment:

kaz said...

Love your work :)