Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Doors | Week 3

Things I'm grateful for?  A door?  Really?

Yes really!

These are the doors that represent that we have a roof over our head.  A door.  A roof.  Four walls.  And lots of creature comforts.  They all make a home.  Our home.

I'm a bit of a homebody.  I love my days at home.  With how crazy, busy life seems to have become, I am always glad to spend the day at home.  Even if it does mean crossing jobs off the to-do list...where sometimes even cleaning the toilet seems more exciting than thinking of what to cook for the next meal!!

About that home...over the years I've discussed a point that seems to come up regularly - and it was again highlighted by a friend on FB today in relation to herself.  Luck!  How often we've been told we're 'lucky' to have the home we live in, the things we can afford. 

I guess when you haven't seen the constant stress, the long, sleepless nights, the countless times groceries have had to be returned because of not enough money - you would think it's luck.  But I am grateful for a husband who is intelligent, pragmatic and ethical.  Who listens to my advice (occasionally!) to pull back a little.  And who works hard to provide for us.  So that we can have a great home.  With gorgeous doors!

I love these quotes!
“I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.“ – Thomas Jefferson
“When I work fourteen hours a day, seven days a week, I get lucky.“ – Dr. Armand Hammer


1 comment:

kaz said...

Love this post :)