Saturday, December 17, 2011

Photographing your Children Inspiration [Day 7]

School holidays...have to catch the kids for photos when I can!!  And the ones that are home - not at a friends, not at the neighbours...or who don't have friends over and there. is. no. way. mum. is. taking. my. photo.

Today I had to capture frustration that didn't necessarily translate into crying. Crying I'm sure I could easily capture...you know, when a brother has hit them, thrown something at them, jumped on them, ran over them (all accidentally of course), when someone took a tiny piece of lego that was vital to their construction, when they bit their tongue, when someone didn't get the spoon out for them, or forgot their plate or looked at them, or, or, or....

Anyway, back to the frustrated look.  I decided I would have to set them a task.  So for Miss 4 I asked her take Barbie's hair out...and got the series of concentration/determination/frustration followed by, 'I CAN'T'!!  Master 5's old amber & hazelwood necklace (the best things ever) had broken, so I pulled off the beads and asked him to rethread it.  Credit where credit is due....he did persevere much longer than I'd anticipated :-)

Day 7:  Capture a photo of your child frustrated


No comments: